[GRASS-user] v.in.ascii error: G_realloc

Praktikant/in2 ARP praktikant.agi at bd.so.ch
Mon Aug 7 08:22:54 EDT 2006

>> the

>> the

>> >Only a couple of commands work without topology (to allow
>> >working with large number of points). Would be good if
>> >someone documents that in the Wiki.

>> Ok I regarded too much on the -b Flag and forgot furthermore the -z flag
>> >
>> >Maybe you forgot the -z setting in v.in.ascii to import as 3D?
>> >
>> >Markus
>>
>> But what can I do with g.region and v.patch?
>
>Looks like programming...
>
>> I do need these functions!
>
>What do you exactly want to do with 11 Mpoints? Lidar?

I have about 50 tiles with geodetic points. These geodetic points should be
transformed into a Digital terrain model (DTM) by v.surf.rst. If somebody
wants a DTM for a defined extract of the area the DTM should be calculated
exactly for this area. Everything should be automated by a PHP-Script. I
thought about first identifing the needed tiles then patch these tiles with
v.patch, setting the region to the defined extract (g.region) and as last
point transform the points by v.surf.rst into a DTM.
Hope I could make clear what I want to do?!.It's not that easy for me in
English.

greets

Michael