[GRASS-user] howto make my srtm-dem jump the GIS gap

Rudolf Maurer rudolf.maurer at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 7 16:19:12 EDT 2006

Dear List,

my intention is to use my DEM from SRTM-data in GRASS in a well big, known
GIS-System by E**i.

What I did:
get the for files for my area of interest in southern germany,
europe-resolution of 9-seconds.
r.in.srtm them into GRASS.
r.patch the four tiles into one.
r.fillnulls to interpolate the gaps.

Know I tried to export as r.out.ascii and r.out.arc.
But the well known GIS-System seems not even to be able to open the files. I
already tried to convert the linefeed from UNIX- to the well known W*-XP-OS,
without success.

I would be very glad if someone could give me a hint!

Btw.: r.in.srtm was fun compared to the promised import into A*GIS via
unziping and renaming of the files to .bil, not to mention the nice
r.fillnulls! Superb.

Thank you,
Rudy