[GRASS-user] combining vector maps in GRASS

Brandon M. Gabler bgabler at email.arizona.edu
Wed Aug 9 10:09:53 EDT 2006

Hey again everybody...I didn't receive any feedback, so I'll try this again.
Thanks!
Brandon

----- Forwarded message from bgabler at email.arizona.edu -----
    Date: Tue,  1 Aug 2006 10:43:34 -0700
    From: "Brandon M. Gabler" <bgabler at email.arizona.edu>
 Subject: combining vector maps on Intel Mac OSX using X11
      To: grassuser at grass.itc.it

Hey Fellow GRASSers:

I am trying to combine vector maps (two at a time) using v.overlay, and I also
want their full attribute tables merged.

The problem is, GRASS shuts down when I run the command. The x11
command window
tells me that a Bus error closed the GIS manager.

I end up with an output map with the name of the new vector I attempted to
create, but the data are missing for the merged locales.

I am running a nearly-most-recent cvs (within 2 weeks, cannot connect
my Mac to
the internet currently due to the lack of a place to do so....), and I run
GRASS fully within X11 (the display manager is afster than running on the
native mac). The vectors I am trying to combine are polygons of archaeological
sites, with attribute tables that contain the same exact field names (i.e.,
site number, affiliation, type, etc etc).

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Brandon

----- End forwarded message -----