[GRASS-user] GRASS-Warning:: coor files ... is larger than it should be - ?

Maciej Sieczka tutey at o2.pl
Fri Aug 11 18:20:57 EDT 2006

wqual napisa?(a):
> Hello list,
> I imported a large polygon shapefile using v.in.ogr. First, no topology was
> available, so I ran v.build. However, when I try to display it with d.vect, I
> get this error message. Does anybody know, what could be the reason for this?
> The error message / warning:
>
> GRASS 6.1.cvs (muenchen):~ > d.vect sgk_geb
> WARNING: coor files of vector 'sgk_geb at sqlite_test' is larger than it
>          should be (55856074 bytes excess).

I *guess* that your vector was not completely imported, as v.in.ogr
might fail on big datasets deue to limitations of current vector engine
(didn't you miss an error message from v.in.ogr?; in TCL/TK GUI some low
level errors are filtered out
http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=3010, so try from CLI and see
what it says then).

Assuming my assumption is OK :) you had to run v.build to build the
topology of your partially imported, corrupted vector. But still some
corrupted leftovers remain. Then try opening the vector in v.digit and
quit - this will extract what is recoverable from the file and write it
back.

Maciek