[GRASS-user] integration of sample.c algorithms into r.resample

Dylan Beaudette dylan.beaudette at gmail.com
Fri Aug 11 20:27:42 EDT 2006

Hi Maciek,

On Friday 11 August 2006 16:04, Maciej Sieczka wrote:
> Dylan Beaudette napisał(a):
> > 1. the output is not quite correct when the region is not aligned to the
> > input raster, including edge effects
>
> Actually r.bilinear is all screwed:
> http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=2790
> There are two issues. Please see my most recent posts and Urs Gruber's
> post dated Tue, Feb 14 2006 17:16:21.

Hehe - I was waiting for you to chime in with that bug ! Indeed. Looking
through r.bilinear there are a lot of (data + 0.5) operations that I don't
quite understand -- my limited ability or small errors: not completely sure.

> It would be great to have r.bilinear fixed and all algorithms merged
> into one command. Good luck!

Sure. Well - with Glynn's help on the rowio library -- I am hoping on fixing
sample.c so that it uses row caching and verify that NULL support is
correctly done. Then, it would be a matter of calling the sample.c algorithms
at each new grid cell.

I would like to get this done, but it may take a little while. Any help would
be great.

Cheers,

--
Dylan Beaudette