[GRASS-user] integration of sample.c algorithms into r.resample

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Sun Aug 20 07:52:32 EDT 2006

Glynn Clements wrote:

> I've moved the aggregates from r.series/r.neighbors into a separate
> library (lib/stats).
>
> I have also written the aggregate resampling module; it supports all
> of the existing aggregates which make sense for a resampling module,
> namely: average,median,mode,minimum,maximum,quart1,quart3,perc90.
>
> I'll commit it once a name has been agreed upon.

FWIW my suggestion would be r.resamp.stats, to tie in with the
convention established with r.resamp.rst, r.resamp.interp, and to
suggest that this module also resamples but does so based on statistical
properties of the input map. I think "stats" is easier to understand and
remember than whatever abbreviated form of "aggregation" we might choose.

Let the discussion continue...
(I actually think that serious discussion of potential names for new
modules is very worthwhile and makes a big difference to how easy it is
for users to find the module in the future---more importantly than
associating keywords with it)

Paul