[GRASS-user] grass promotion

Martin Wegmann wegmann at biozentrum.uni-wuerzburg.de
Tue Aug 22 05:08:05 EDT 2006

On Tuesday 22 August 2006 10:12, Markus Neteler wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 22, 2006 at 09:45:08AM +0200, Martin Wegmann wrote:
> > Hello Jachym,
> >
> > a couple of months ago I played around with an internet shop
> > (spreadshirt, cafepress) for GRASS promotion, however due to the
> > uncertain foundation structure in this times (what to do with money) I
> > did not set the shop up properly and abandoned it (perhaps it still
> > works, I have to try).

it is still working and I uploaded the vector graphics (takes one day to be
verified) - Jachym if you want to login and add some motives/t-shirts etc.
please contact me offlist.

> the easiest thing could be to assign the money to the German GRASS
> Association (GAV - Anwender-Vereinigung e.V., http://www.grass-verein.de/)
> which is a registered, tax-exempt charity to support GRASS users.

ok, if thats fine with everybody I will add the GAV bank account for the
european (EURO zone) shop. It does not mean that the shop if online and
people can buy stuff, this can be decided later on.

> > I would highly appreciate a GRASS promotion shop and perhaps it would be
> > a good idea to join the cafepress/OSGeo discussion on the VisCom ML.
>
> OSGeo is also going cafepress now:
>  http://www.cafepress.com/OSGeo

we could set up a http://www.cafepress.com/GRASS for North-America because you
have to pay shipping costs if you live in Europe or elsewhere.

> > Nevertheless it has to be clarified who is in charge of the money (I saw
> > a few mails about committee election or so but did not go deeper into it,
> > if these persons are eligible to handle the money, we could go forward.)
>
> For the time being it could be GAV Germany or individual people
> or maybe OSGeo (the 501(c)(3) status is still pending since it is
> a lot of paperword).

let me know if GAV is fine - anyway we can change it afterwards.

Martin