[GRASS-user] [GRASSLIST:1178] how to use cloud cover with r.sun?

Vishal Mehta vishalm1975 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 01:00:29 EDT 2006

Hello good people,

Can anyone suggest how I could use cloud cover (percentage) with r.sun, to
generate global radiation maps which account for cloud cover?

I dont believe I can get the data to calibrate the a and b coefficients as
mentioned in the manual. This is why I am hoping there is a simple equation
that allows me to use cloud cover percentage directly..I have the cloud
cover maps.

FYI, I am using Grass 6.0.1 on Ubuntu 5.1.

And I am attempting to generate monthly Potential Evapotranspiration maps
from 1960 to 2002 for the Indian subcontinent.

cheers!
vishal