[GRASS-user] v.patch and layers

Aldo Clerici alcl01 at ipruniv.cce.unipr.it
Wed Aug 23 05:30:55 EDT 2006

Dear GRASSusers,
I am having a problem (with GRASS 6.0.2).
I have 2 vectors (map1 and map2)containing points. Each of them has a table
with attributes.
I created a new file (map3) by:

v.patch in=map1,map2 out=map3

And

v.db.connect map3 table=map1 layer=1 key=cat
v.db.connect map3 table=map2 layer=2 key=cat

The connections are OK as shown by:

v.db.connect -p map3

But when I enter v.digit to modify some attribute all the points are
assigned to layer 1. Layer 2 with the map2 attribute table is ignored. Is
there a way to access and modify attributes of all layers in a patched map?
I had the same problem with d.what.vect.

Many thanks in advance

Aldo Clerici