[GRASS-user] [GRASSLIST:1181] d.m/d.gis mysteries..

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Tue Aug 29 14:42:38 EDT 2006

The GIS Manager (gis.m) is the default GUI interface in 6.1+. In 6.1, we've
maintained the old GUI interface (d.m) for legacy compatibility. To help
keep the menus in sync, there is a common menu file for both (menu.tcl). The
menu items file for gis.m (gmmenu.tcl) reads menu.tcl for all items it has
in common with d.m. For a few new items (e.g., georectifier), it adds them
into its own menu file.

I am anticipating that we'll drop d.m completely for 6.2 and merge all the
menu items back into a single file

[Note: This reply was bounced back to me because you're on the old grass
user list at Baylor. You need to switch over to the active user list at
<grassuser at grass.itc.it>. You can sign up on the GRASS home web page. You
should then unsubscribe to the Baylor version]

Michael

Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University

phone: 480-965-6213