[GRASS-user] AAIGrid import-export problem

Martin Wegmann wegmann at biozentrum.uni-wuerzburg.de
Fri Dec 1 13:31:33 EST 2006

Hello Dylan,

On Friday 01 December 2006 19:23, Dylan Beaudette wrote:
[...]
> I am interested in hearing about the issues you have observed with
> r.resamp.stats.
>
> I too have noticed some odd behaviour when the input/output resolution is
> the same : a systematic shift occurs.
>
> an example with spearfish60:
>
> g.region rast=elevation.dem
> r.resamp.stats in=elevation.dem out=r method=average
> d.rast elevation.dem
> r.mapcalc "rd = float(elevation.dem - r)"
> d.rast rd
> r.info rd

hmm, interesting - I assume it is the same behaviour and due to the larger
area I am working on, my shift is more pronounced.
Attached a jpg of r and elevation.dem correlation (Moving Window size 3x3
multiplied with 1000) - the deviation from 1000 (or corr. val 1) is just
present in parts of the image - I would have assumed that the whole image has
a constant deviation from 1000, hence there might be another error.

Martin