[GRASS-user] compiling gdal with grass + define grass data directory in compiling options

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 3 20:15:36 EST 2006

Helmut Kudrnovsky wrote:
> on my laptop i have the data-directory in /home/helli/grassdata. on my
> new linux box i want to use an additional disk for the
> grassdata-directory. for compiling grass is it possible to define the
> grassdata-location in the compiling-options?

No, that's not possible. But you only have to set it the first time you
run grass and it will remember it. (saves in ~/.grassrc6 as GISDBASE)

I imagine you could create a symlink:
  ln -s /mnt/harddrive_2 /home/helli/grassdata

and then use ~/grassdata/

or just mount the second hard drive directly there..

but putting the grassdata in another path isn't a big deal either.

Hamish