[GRASS-user] Need help for VN 2000, Vietnam Projection System

Michael Perdue michael_perdue at yahoo.ca
Mon Dec 4 18:06:18 EST 2006

Hi Giovanni,

>From what I know of the VN2000 coordinates system, it is a UTM projection with a WGS84 refrence ellipsoid. I don't know whether the datum is slightly skewed from Geocentric like the NAD83 datum is, but the translations (and rotations) should be small so you probably won't need them unless your performing high precision geodetic surveys.

Cheers,

Mike

"G. Allegri" <giohappy at gmail.com> wrote: I'm looking for tranformation parameters from VN 2000 projection to WGS84. Does anyone know them? The Vietnam Governement has a tool (Cerine) to do it, but doesn't easily release it.
Thanks in advance.

Giovanni A.
University of Siena (Italy)

http://mail.yahoo.com