[GRASS-user] [newbie] How to split an area with v.digit?

Robert Pollak robert.pollak at scietec.at
Wed Dec 6 08:13:40 EST 2006

Hi list,

I have used v.digit to define a closed area with several border vertices
and a centroid.

The resulting v.info shows:

Number of points:       0               Number of areas:      1
Number of lines:        0               Number of islands:    1
Number of boundaries:   1               Number of faces:      0
Number of centroids:    1               Number of kernels:    0

Now I want to subdivide the area into two parts. How can I do this?

I tried to restart v.digit and digitize a new boundary, starting and
ending at existing border vertices.
Unfortunately, the resulting border line is not connected to the border:
It stays gray like a boundary that does not limit an area, and does not
become green like a boundary between two areas.
Zooming in very close shows that the start and end points of the new
boundary have not snapped (and do not snap) to the existing border
vertices :(

Thank you for any hints,
Robert

--