[GRASS-user] grass 6.3cvs stability

Precila Salcedo precy11 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 6 09:21:22 EST 2006

hello there,

i just installed Grass 6.3CVS..this is my first time
to use it after several attempts of installing it..my
promotor would like us to use this software here in
europe rather than using the expensive commercial
software..since it is under development, may i know if
its possible to import/open ESRI shapefiles? I DONT
KNOW HOW TO DO IT, i dont have any knowledge in
language programming or any other computer courses as
well, im just a student with other technical field of
specialization..Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

Precila