[GRASS-user] nviz and Grass 6.3 cvs in Ubuntu 6.06

Tomas Lanczos lanczos at t-zones.sk
Wed Dec 6 12:46:18 EST 2006

Thanks Hamish,

> 3D raster volumes are a little buggy, see:
>   http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gis.grass.devel/16786/focus=16886
>   http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=4725

Well, I see ...

> Neither Bob's nor Soeren*'s patches have been applied in CVS yet.
> [*] geovol_file *vf = NULL
> can you try applying them and see if it fixes your problem?

Where can I find more info about the patches? I am only a geologist, but can
learn quickly :-))).

> does it work for you in 6.2.0?

I don't use the 6.2.0 know, removed it a month ago

> launched with:
> GRASS> nviz -q
> ?

Yes. I played with it to reproduce  the error. So, the error happens when I
do the the following: select Visualize - > Volume - > select file, then
select visualization type -> isosurface -> choose attribute -> do anything
else -> segmentation fault. Doing slices is working fine.

But what is really strange but maybe helps (or just coincidence) is that
when I tried to do something similar in Paraview I got the same error.

> do you see anything about a segmentation fault on the
> terminal after it breaks?

No, except the "segmentation fault" nothing else.

Regards

Tomas