[GRASS-user] Re: r.surf.nnbathy crashed [was: v.surf.rst limitations?]

Carlos "Guâno" Grohmann carlos.grohmann at gmail.com
Wed Dec 6 17:27:00 EST 2006

Well, today it decided to work. I used another dataset, with ~16.5
mill pts, with a resolution of 2.5m, ~30 mill cells. It took ~8 hours
to interpolate.

really nice!

Carlos

On 12/5/06, Maciej Sieczka <tutey at o2.pl> wrote:
> Carlos "Guâno" Grohmann wrote:
>
> > I compiled nnbathy with serial processing and imported the Lidar
> > datase with r.in.xyz (which is very fast). Then I trye to interpolate
> > with r.surf.nnbathy, but after about 30 minutes, it crashes with a msg
> > like "Error in column 1 row 1"..
>
> Hi Carlos,
>
> Thanks for the feedback!
>
> Propably nnbathy failed and r.in.ascii couldn't import it's output. I
> should add error trapping in r.surf.nnbathy for such cases (I've got
> several fixes and improvements waiting; propably will do on Christmas).
>
> What: platform, compiler, nnbathy version?
>
> Can I have a sample of your data crashing the nnbathy, along with your
> region settings and the command syntax?
>

> Can you add a following command into line 140 of the script:
>
> cp $TMP.${PROG}.output_xyz $HOME/nnbathy_out_xyz
>
> and send me the $HOME/nnbathy_out_xyz file?
>
> Thanks,
> Maciek

              Carlos Henrique Grohmann - Guano
  Geologist M.Sc  - Doctorate Student at IGc-USP - Brazil
Linux User #89721  - carlos dot grohmann at gmail dot com
"Good morning, doctors. I have taken the liberty of removing Windows
95 from my hard drive."
--The winning entry in a "What were HAL's first words" contest judged
by 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY creator Arthur C. Clarke