[GRASS-user] grass 6.3cvs stability

Malte Halbey-Martin malte at perlomat.de
Thu Dec 7 06:18:40 EST 2006

Hi
as far  as I see, you used the -l switch which causes v.in.ogr to list
all available layer and exit without importing the shape file. Just turn
out that switch
(on the command line:

v.in.ogr dsn=C:/ESRI/ESRIDATA/WORLD/CITIES.SHP output=cities.grc min_area=0.0001 snap=-1

or disable the button in the gis manager)

and than it must work. normally a status of the import is displayed. You
can check if the import worked on the command line with:

g.list vect