[GRASS-user] r.le.setup trouble

Koen Hufkens koen.hufkens at ua.ac.be
Mon Dec 11 05:08:26 EST 2006

Hi list,

I have some trouble with the r.le.setup module, maybe someone knows the
solution to this.

When I run r.le.setup to define my moving window specification to use in
further r.le analysis the module stalls when I'm being asked to specify
the size of my (rectangular) moving window. If I do so, let's say a 3 by
3 window, it complains about a 0 being present while I didn't type any
zeros.

The full output of the procedure I followed is listed below:

 HOW WILL YOU SPECIFY THE MOVING WINDOW?

       Use keyboard to enter moving window dimensions   1
       Use mouse to draw moving window                  2

                                            Which Number?  1

    If a MASK is not present (see r.mask) a beep may sound
    and a WARNING may be printed that can be ignored.
    If a MASK is present there will be no warning.
WARNING: unable to open raster map [MASK in PERMANENT]

    Do you want to sample using rectangles
       (including squares) (y) or circles (n)?   (y/n) [y]

    Enter number of COLUMNS & ROWS for the dimensions of
       the moving window (e.g., 10 10):  3 3

    You entered a dimension as 0; enter dimensions again

---

Entering other delimiters other than space didn't work either.

Any clues why I can't define ar rectangular moving window. I tried a
circular one and that did work?

Kind regards,
Koen