[GRASS-user] r.patch

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Thu Dec 14 23:32:54 EST 2006

Wolfgang,

I realize that there has already been some give and take on this, but wanted
to point out some numbers.

Each 2000x2000 cell tile has 4,000,000 cells.

100 of these represent 400,000,000 cells to merge.

This quite a lot. So depending on the systems you have (processor speed,
total RAM, hard drive capacity and speed), this may be pretty reasonable.

Michael

On 12/14/06 8:26 AM, "WolfgangZillig" <wollez at gmx.net> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I want to combine a lot of tiles to a big image. I tried to use r.patch
> but it is quite slow. It needs about 2-3 h for 100 tiles of the size
> 2000x2000 cells. The images are fit exactly to the neighbours (no
> overlay, no gap). Is there a better (and faster) way to join the graphics?
>
> Thanks
> Wolfgang

Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University