Fw: [GRASS-user] r.le.patch moving window output and other moving window commands

Koen Hufkens koen.hufkens at ua.ac.be
Fri Dec 15 05:25:45 EST 2006

I checked the values with d.what (.rast) and it seems that they are real
values and using a uneven window size didn't alter the results either.

So now I have to figure out why the output has such a limited range.

What strikes me is the lack of a fuzzy border around the obvious windows
(see results picture in my previous post). When the sliding window
enters an isolated patch it seems that this patch isn't accounted for
until it doesn't touch any border, probably to correct for edge effects.
This could explain the abrupt edges on the moving window results and the
limited range of data.

Koen