[GRASS-user] packages for ubuntu edgy

Jachym Cepicky jachym.cepicky at centrum.cz
Fri Dec 15 07:16:44 EST 2006

hi
On Thu, Dec 14, 2006 at 06:14:27PM +0100, Stefano Costa wrote:
> On mar, 2006-12-12 at 09:49 +0100, Jachym Cepicky wrote:
> >
> > About 5 people confirmed, that the packages seem to be allright.
> > Currently,
> >
> > grass 6.2.0 (stable)
> > gdal 1.3.2 (stable)
> > proj 4.5.0 (stable)
> > qgis 0.8 (dev)
> > gpsbabel 1.3.2 (stable)
>
> I added new about your repo to the UbuntuGIS wiki help page.
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGIS

thanks. maybe you could explain to me, why ubuntu folks would not update
GIS packages to newer versions? it is bacuse of there should be no
version change in one distribution version?

> Someone on the Italian mailing list GFOSS pointed out that it would be
> nice to have a mapserver package. The current version in the Ubuntu
> official repositories (4.8.3) depends on GDAL 1.3.1 and installing your
> gdal 1.3.2 tries to remove mapserver. This could be indeed a problem at
> production sites.
>
> Best regards,
> Stefano

I'm copying the packages (*mapserver* 4.10) on the server right now. It should be there in
couple of minutes ;-)

Jachym

--
Jachym Cepicky