[GRASS-user] GTiff export and a General Inquiry

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 18 22:06:51 EST 2006

Dylan Beaudette wrote:
> > I am bright, yet have some difficulty in putting so many diverse
> > pieces together correctly with ease and grace (firm linux Debian
> > set-up guidelines would be a help).
>
> In terms of a debian-way for getting all of these pacakges working
> together...

The DebianGIS project is in charge of coordinating this:
  http://pkg-grass.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl

Some things are currently frozen due to the upcoming Debian release.

> With a little help, compiling these from source is not too difficult.
> The real  trick is locating the dependencies, and installing *those*
> with aptitude. I keep a relatively up-to-date set of notes for
> compiling GRASS here
> http://casoilresource.lawr.ucdavis.edu/drupal/node/123
>
> ...but the grass wiki is the authority.

http://grass.gdf-hannover.de/wiki/Compile_and_Install#Debian

apt-file search <missing file.h>
 is a great tool for finding what package has your missing file.

Hamish