[GRASS-user] r.slope.aspect with adjacent raster maps

Thomas Zumbrunn news at botany.ch
Tue Dec 26 05:15:31 EST 2006

Hi

I have several adjacent elevation raster maps from which I would like to
generate slope maps with r.slope.aspect. I was wondering whether there is a
simple way to determine the slope for the cells adjacent to the edges of the
elevation map. I tried to combine the maps with r.patch prior to slope
analysis. However, I ran into problems because of too big file sizes.

Does anybody have a solution to this problem, which does not only apply to
slope calculations but to any neighborhood calculations at edge cells?

Regards
Thomas Zumbrunn