[GRASSLIST:10105] Re: a couple new errors with today's 6.1 CVS

Radim Blazek radim.blazek at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 03:52:52 EST 2006

On 1/31/06, Dylan Beaudette <dylan.beaudette at gmail.com> wrote:
> > #mysql : cd to the mysql dir, and tried `make`
> > /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lwrap
> >
> > ...never seen that one before
>
> Looks like the configure script missed checking for libwrap ... This was
> solved by installing the Debian package libwrap0-dev
>
> Yeah - a shiny new MySQL driver, thanks Radim!

The list of libraries is given by mysql_config --libmysqld-libs.
It seems that some of them can be missing on various distributions.
For example libmysqld.a is missing on RedHat/Fedora.
I'll add additional check to configure to test if that library is realy present.

Note also that libmysqld.a is only necessary for embeded version
of MySQL driver (mesql) while mysql should compile without problems.

The mesql can be used without a server running (like dbf or sqlite).
I have not yet written documentation.

Radim