[GRASSLIST:10160] Re: v.to.db option=query: issue with 2 layers and multiple categories

Maciek Sieczka werchowyna at epf.pl
Mon Feb 6 03:35:34 EST 2006

On Mon, 6 Feb 2006 09:09:58 +0100
Radim Blazek <radim.blazek at gmail.com> wrote:

> But you are doing still the same error. You have to use
> qcolumn=avg(elevation)

Then I don't understand what you mean. I'm not referring to case:

1. cat 1,2 at layer1 to cat 10 at layer2

but to

2. cat 1,2 at layer1 to cat 10,11 at layer2

I thought you meant that in the case 2 it wouldn't be necessary to use
qcolumn=avg() because the number of rows in both input and output are
equal in that case. Your words:

Radim wrote:
> > > If it is not uploaded to both rows  in layer 2 (10,11) then it is
> > > a bug.

Sorry, maybe I didn't understand. Do you mean I should use something
like qcolumn=avg() even if number of cats (rows) for a given geometry in
output layer2 and input layer1 are equal?

Maciek