[GRASSLIST:10172] Re: gism2 - NVIZ

Maciek Sieczka werchowyna at epf.pl
Mon Feb 6 14:36:56 EST 2006

On Mon, 6 Feb 2006 15:25:18 -0200
Carlos "Guâno" Grohmann <carlos.grohmann at gmail.com> wrote:

> I just like to say, again, that I think the old behaviour of NIVZ was
> better. When we had the panels in one window and the 3D in another. It
> was more flexible, One could let the 3D as big as the monitor, or even
> in another monitor!

My humble POV:

True. It doesn't bother me however, I don't need such functionality.
But when talking of NVIZ: instead of such cosmetic (for me) changes like
single/two windows, I would love to see NVIZ fixed finally. Currently it
still doing funny things like turning the whole display upside-down
when fiddling with zexag, turning the display into a coarser res or
even changing the scene setup at it's own will depending where my mouse
pointer hovers. NVIZ is a cool, powerfull tool, and is getting better.
I must complain though that setting up the scene for a screen dump is a
pain too often. Oh, and the _potenatially_ mighty "fly" navigation also
requires a fix. Currently it is of not much use as not all the mouse
keys work, or they don't work as expected (which I reported already on
grass5).

Carlos - please note that in current single-windowy NVIZ you still can
have _almost_ the whole screen for your display - there is a black arrow
button in bottom-left corner for that.

Maciek