[GRASSLIST:10176] Re: new user... (importing and displaying .hgt files) and list communication

Graham Watt-Gremm sunyata at uvic.ca
Mon Feb 6 23:29:58 EST 2006

Hi there,
Did you try to set the region to the file after importing it?
(r.in.gdal input=... output=map; g.region rast=map).  That could be
the problem...

By the way, giving the list an informative subject line (i.e.
importing and displaying .hgt files) and printing the commands you
used could help get quicker response, help us assess your problem and
will help future users as they browse/search the list archives. If
you suspect a problem/bug with your distribution, reporting the date
of the cvs, your machine architecture and operating system, and any
error messages you receive is all quite helpful too.

For the rest of the list, what do you think of adopting a posting
guide to help us all communicate efficiently - Perhaps like R's
"Posting Guide: How to ask good questions that prompt useful
answers" (http://www.r-project.org/posting-guide.html) which is
linked from the bottom of every list message?

Cheers,

Graham Watt-Gremm
Rocky Mountain Repeat Photography Project
School of Environmental Studies
University of Victoria
sunyata at uvic.ca