[GRASSLIST:10240] Error with Postgres on Mac OSX, most recent cvs

Nick Cahill ndcahill at facstaff.wisc.edu
Fri Feb 10 01:49:27 EST 2006

The most recent cvs build on Lorenzo Moretti's site for Mac OSX, of
1/24/06, gives me an error when trying to access postgres:

dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/pgsql/lib/libpq.3.dylib
   Referenced from: /Applications/Grass/grass61cvs.app/Contents/
Resources/grass-6.1.cvs/driver/db/pg
   Reason: image not found
dbmi: Protocol error
WARNING: Cannot open driver

It's not able to load /usr/local/pgsql/lib/libpq.3.dylib because on
my machine postgres isn't installed there - it's in the /Library
directory, because I installed it using pgsqlformac, which installed
it into this non-standard location. This version of postgres  used to
be on sourceforge; it is now at http://web.mac.com/dru_satori/iWeb/
PostgreSQLforMac/Welcome.html. Maybe this wasn't the smartest move on
my part, but it worked til now.

Would it be better for me to remove and reinstall postgres into /usr/
local/pgsql, or can future versions figure out where postgres is
installed?

Thanks,

Nick Cahill