[GRASSLIST:10290] Re: [GRASS5] New release candidate 3 of GIS Manager 2

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Tue Feb 14 01:13:17 EST 2006

> From: Guâno Carlos  Grohmann <carlos.grohmann at gmail.com>
> Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 01:14:35 -0200
> Subject: [GRASSLIST:10286] Re: [GRASS5] New release candidate 3 of GIS Manager
> 2

>> No way to fix this until the underlying GRASS display drivers are rewritten.
>> But given that there is now a nice clean command console and separate output
>> window included in the GIS Manager, this shouldn't be much of a problem.
>> Just make the ugly terminal window small since you don't need it much
>> anymore ;-)
>

> Well,  I like to run some commands on the terminal, where I can have acces to
> previous commands easily.

Just want to note that you can run commands from the GIS Manager console
too. You can scroll up through previous commands, put your cursor on a
command, and push the run button.

>> What you suggest is probably possible, though a bit complicated. But is this
>> a good idea? What do others think?
>
> I think the order of layers should be more intuitive. I mean, today, layers
> that appear "above" others in gism are draw first, until the last of the list.
> It would be better (IMHO) if you could se the list as a "stack" of layers, the
> last one to be draw would be the one on "top" of all other (just like QGIS or
> any illustration software like GIMP, Inkscape etc). So each new layer wolud be
> place "over" the others.

I kind of like this idea too, though programming it into a TclTk tree might
be tricky for a number of reasons. I need to work on the underlying layer
drawing procedures soon. So I¹ll keep this in mind when I do.

Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ 85287-2402