[GRASSLIST:10378] Re: TAMU

Huidae Cho grass4u at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 15:45:24 EST 2006

Hi,

Nice to meet you.  I'm a graduate student at TAMU using GRASS for daily GIS
stuff.  I cannot see anyone using GRASS here.  Actually, Dr. Srinivasan in
Dept. of Forest Science developed a GRASS interface for their hydrologic model
around 10 years ago, but has already moved to ArcGIS.

It looks like a silly question, but I just wonder why you chose GRASS over
ArcGIS for your project.  Maybe you want a GIS software to install in your
own computer?  Or you're using UNIX?

You can find some info about installing GRASS under Windows at my GRASS page:
http://geni.ath.cx/grass.html

Huidae Cho