[GRASSLIST:10410] flow direction in r.terraflow, r.watershed and r.fill.dir --> r.water.outlet

José Miguel Delgado jmmd at mega.ist.utl.pt
Sun Feb 19 11:14:25 EST 2006

Hello,

I would like to know the difference between the output "direction" in
r.terraflow and the output map "drainage" in r.watershed. I wanted to
run r.water.outlet and its input is "drainage", which can be obtained
by r.watershed. However, r.watershed takes much more time to run than
r.terraflow.

I tried r.water.outlet, inputing  "direction", obtained from
r.terraflow, and it didn't work.
I also tried inputing the "direction" raster map that I obtained from
r.fill.dir, and didn't work.

The result obtained when I say "didn't work" was a raster full of zeros.

As I am a beginner I may have done something wrong before, so I would
like to know more about it before proceeding.

Thank you for the help,

--
José Miguel Delgado
jmmd at mega.ist.utl.pt