[GRASSLIST:10471] Re: QGIS/GRASS for Windows 060217

Radim Blazek radim.blazek at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 08:33:34 EST 2006

On 2/21/06, "Peter Löwe" <peter.loewe at gmx.de> wrote:
> The problem can be reproduced:
>
> OS: Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2, no admin privileges
>
> 1) Download & unpacking of qgis-0.7.9-win32-060217.zip (34MB)
> 2) Download of spearfish_grass60data.tar.gz
> 3) Unpacking of the spearfish location by doubleclicking/"WinZip" using the
> defaults.

Here is the problem. By default, WinZip is using  'TAR file smart
CR/LF conversion'.
If you go to Options->Configuration->Miscelaneous and disable the
TAR CR/LF conversion it should work.

Obviously this is not convenient, I think that we should probably prepare
demo data packages also in zip format.

Radim