[GRASSLIST:10483] Re: Question about v.vol.rst in GRASS 6.1

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Tue Feb 21 11:24:48 EST 2006

On Tue, Feb 21, 2006 at 11:13:52AM -0500, Thomas Adams wrote:

> I am trying to use v.vol.rst in GRASS 6.1cvs on a Linux system. First,
> using the command:
>
> v.vol.rst -c input=sta_obs_temp_20050731_08 wcolumn=temp
> maskmap=gtopo30.eastern.us segmax=700 tension=10 cvdev=cvdev_map
>
> I get the following:
>
> 118 records selected from table
> WARNING: some points outside of region -- will ignore...
> WARNING: strip exists with insufficient data
> Processing all selected output files will require 0 bytes of disk space
> for temp files
>
> WARNING: There are points outside specified 2D/3D region--ignored 118
> points (total points: 118)
> ERROR: zero points in the given region!
> ERROR: input failed!
>
> I just don't understand what's going on; all the points appear when I
> display them. I'm able to query the points and perform other analyses,
> such as, v.surf.idw.
>
> Regards,

Tom,

please check with

 v.info sta_obs_temp_20050731_08

top and bottom of the data (since we are using 3D data here).

Then check with
 g.region -p3

if the volume region settings are defined appropriately
("There are points outside specified 2D/3D region--ignored 118").

I assume that you have to define the volume properly.
Please suggest a better error message.

Regards

 Markus