[GRASSLIST:10500] v.in.ascii in 6.1cvs

Ian MacMillan Ian.MacMillan at pomona.edu
Tue Feb 21 16:07:38 EST 2006

Hi all, I keep running into this problem, and would like to know if
anyone else has had it.  I am trying to import some point data using
v.in.ascii with 6.1cvs.  I have given a subset of the data here:

-106.2222|46.6886
-84.7156|10.4611
-70.1978|47.2425
-70.0064|47.4706
-69.6897|47.7036
-70.4125|47.4567
-70.09|47.6931
-69.8922|47.8264
-174.2036|52.2117

I have tried to import it into a lat-long location with:

v.in.ascii input=test.txt output=test

and get this error:

*** malloc[25099]: Deallocation of a pointer not malloced: 0x1108ab0;
This could be a double free(), or free() called with the middle of an
allocated block; Try setting environment variable MallocHelp to see
tools to help debug
Segmentation fault

Why can't I get this really simple operation to work?  I have tried
adding parameters like:

v.in.ascii input=test.txt output=test x=1 y=2 z=0 fs='|' -zbt

with no luck.  I end up getting an error stating that I should define a
'reasonable' value for z.  Omitting the 'z=' yields an error asking for
the z column.  If I omit the '-zbt' I end up with the same malloc
error.

This has routinely been an error for me since at least October in the
cvs branch.  I have installed the newest version from Lorenzo's site,
with the new libraries.

Sorry to be a pest with this problem (my third time writing about it),
but I'd like to get this basic functionality back.

Thanks,
Ian