[GRASSLIST:10507] RE: Thanks Ravi

RAVI KUMAR ravivundavalli at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 21 23:40:28 EST 2006

Hi Vijay,

  I have just foundout that this format
   NLAPS Format (NDF Format).
is supported in GRASS.

  Now you have to
  1. Download the latest cvs of grass from grass.itc.it
  2. Down load the RPMs
  3. Install it on a Linux machine

  Start using GRASS and you will notice how wonderful it is.
  Welocome to FOSS GIS
  Ravi

"Akkineni, Vijay" <vijay.akkineni at ttu.edu> wrote:
  Hi Ravi,

Our Project is , we are trying to develop a website so that the texas farmers can see the yield of their crop online . For this we currently recieve information from landsat 5 satellite. The information we recive from landsat 5 are images which are in NLAPS Format (NDF Format). More information about the format can be found at http://www.remotesensing.org/gdal/frmt_various.html#NDF . I am attahcing the header for your convenience . Now the poblem is my professor is very strict on using Geoserver because of his own reasons . and Geoserver cannot read the NLAPS format
Now either the dta should be in POSTGIS database or in Geotiff format for Geoserver to read it . So we have to do the Conversion from NLAPS to GEOTIFF . and we also need to extract the information in the Images along with all the features , Latitude and longitude . so we thought of using some distributed computing concepts and make the retrieval faster so geoserver can serve the data faster . this is the brief outline of what i am planning to do .

If there are any technical difficulties please let me know .
Thanks very Much for the Help,

Regards,
Vijay Akkineni.