[GRASSLIST:10532] Re: Dxf and other 3d objects in NVIZ

Nick Cahill ndcahill at facstaff.wisc.edu
Thu Feb 23 02:52:57 EST 2006

I also tried for some time to get 3d shapes from a CAD file into
GRASS as 3d vectors. I used lots of different methods - extruded
shapes (like v.extrude but in CAD), individual faces/surfaces, etc.,
and never had anything come out right in GRASS. I was using v.in.ogr
to import Microstation .dgn files - which works fine for 2d vectors,
and for 2 1/2d vectors -- contour lines with elevation -- but not for
proper 3d objects.

Nick Cahill