[GRASSLIST:10609] Re: problems with GIS managerRe: GRASS 6.1c vs gis.m error

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Mon Feb 27 11:50:40 EST 2006

Patton, Eric wrote:

> A similar message is produced for every other monitor. I also noticed that
> in the Feb.25th Grass 6.1 binary, there is no monitorcap file in
> $GISBASE/etc. I believe there used to a be a monitorcap file here a few
> weeks ago, because I remember having to remove/overwrite it with the one
> from the gis.m tarfile. Is this normal?

No. Do either driver/PNG or driver/XDRIVER exist?

In older versions, the build process used to unconditionally create a
monitorcap file listing the X monitors, and would add a single PNG
monitor if the PNG driver was compiled.

Recent versions add the monitor definitions for each driver when the
driver is built. If you build the PNG driver but not the X driver, you
will get a monitorcap file listing only the PNG monitors. If you don't
build either driver, you won't get a monitorcap file at all (there
wouldn't be much point in having it; anything which needs it also
needs at least one of the drivers to be of any use).