[GRASSLIST:10616] FWD: [OSGeo-Discuss] Incubation Committee / Contributor Agreements]

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Mon Feb 27 17:53:35 EST 2006

Dear GRASS community,

we had a board meeting today in the OSGeo Foundation and
discussed details such as the project incubation. This
is a term borrowed from the Apache Foundation where all
projects wishing to join the foundation have to go through.
It covers basically license issues, a contributor
agreement, project management and the state of the
community (no dead projects are desired). Some draft
notes can be found here:

http://www.fossgis.de/osgeo/index.php/Project_Incubation
(this is the temporary wiki of the OSGeo Foundation unless
the osgeo.org isn't completely ready).

Attached I forward a fresh email from Frank Warmerdam
with more details. Things want to be discussed now.

Best

 Markus