[GRASSLIST:9704] Re: switching to postgres

Leonardo Lami lami at faunalia.it
Tue Jan 3 10:21:33 EST 2006

Hi all,
I see that this problem is common to many commands.
We see this problem when we change Postgres 8.0 in Postgre 8.1
In the new version the table are created without oid like you can read above:

(default_with_oids (boolean)
 This controls whether CREATE TABLE and CREATE TABLE AS include an OID column
in newly-created tables, if neither WITH OIDS nor WITHOUT OIDS is specified.
It also determines whether OIDs will be included in tables created by SELECT
INTO. In PostgreSQL 8.1 default_with_oids is disabled by default; in prior
versions of PostgreSQL, it was on by default.
 The use of OIDs in user tables is considered deprecated, so most
installations should leave this variable disabled. Applications that require
OIDs for a particular table should specify WITH OIDS when creating the table.
This variable can be enabled for compatibility with old applications that do
not follow this behavior.)

If you want create a table with oid cloumn you must use the follow sql:
'create table tablename with oids';

or you can change the file:
/etc/postgresql/8.1/main/postgresql.conf
setting:
default_with_oids = true

but, probably, the rigth way is debug GRASS modules

Best regards

Leonardo