[GRASSLIST:9794] Re:

Ksenia Konwicki kes at timberline.ca
Wed Jan 11 11:47:05 EST 2006

Good morning Brian,

I'm a pretty new user my self but I will try to answer your question. When I
import and export ESRI grids I do it as ascii files - GRASS doesn't seem to
read the GRIDs directly - if it does, somebody please tell me how. So to
import an ESRI GRID, I export the GRID to ascii and use r.in.arc to import it.
Similar with r.out.arc, I export it from GRASS with an ascii file extension
and then import the ascii into ArcGIS. Using this method, the rasters are
properly configured - ie. no offset because of the difference in the way
raster and pixel coordinates are stored.

If anyone has a better way, I'd be curious to hear it.

Thanks,

Kessie.
--
Ksenia E. Konwicki, RPF