[GRASSLIST:9835] Reclassifying Vector Data (Soils)

Nurit Finn nfinn at cedar-rapids.net
Sat Jan 14 20:16:42 EST 2006

Hello!

I am a new GRASS 6.0 user.  I've been trying to reclassify soils data into
landform categories without much success.

I'm trying to use v.reclass to classify a text variable (MUSYM) into 8 new
categories.  There seems to be something wrong with my rules table: I keep
getting error messages, but I can't figure out the problem.

Does anyone have any suggestions for how to reclassify from a large number
of categories to a small number using soils info?  What format should the
rules table be in to work?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions,

Nurit Finn