[GRASSLIST:9880] RE: Announcing test version of GIS Manger 2

Patton, Eric epatton at nrcan.gc.ca
Tue Jan 17 12:44:00 EST 2006

  _____

I've completed a major rewrite of the GRASS 6+ GIS Manager in TclTk. This is
the beginning phase of the development of a new and more up-to-date user
interface for GRASS, and comes out of a couple months of discussions on
interface design for GRASS and GIS.

I committed it to the CVS (It is currently in grass6/display/gis.m, but its
location and/or designation in the source tree may change. See subsequent
post to the developers list) and posted it to my website at
<http://www.public.asu.edu/~cmbarton/files/grass_gismgr/gism20060117.tgz>
<http://www.public.asu.edu/~cmbarton/files/grass_gismgr/gism20060117.tgz>

===================================

That sounds great Michael!

A couple of quick questions - can gism2 be run within 6.0.1 (even with some
broken functionality like d.out.file) and if so how? I downloaded the tgz
package from your site, pasted into /usr/lib/grass/etc/dm, restarted Grass,
but nothing new happened. The old dm loads after location/mapset selection.

~ Eric.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eric Patton

Technologist, Geo-Spatial Data Services
Geological Survey of Canada (Atlantic)
Natural Resources Canada
Bedford Institute of Oceanography
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada B2Y 4A2

Postal address: P.O. Box 1006
Courier address: 1 Challenger Drive

Telephone: (902)426-7732
Facsimile:  (902)426-4104
E-mail:        <mailto:epatton at NRCan.gc.ca> epatton at NRCan.gc.ca