[GRASSLIST:9886] Re: ps.map multiple rasters??

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 17 21:07:23 EST 2006

> > I wonder if there is a way of inserting more than one raster into a
> > map made with ps.map. This is possible with vectors, is it possible
> > with rasters?? how??
..
> g.manual ps.map:
> For each ps.map run, only one raster map layer (or set of layers or
> imagery group; see below) can be requested. ...
>
> r.patch could help

also you could make a ps.map Encapsulated PostScript output map, then
place the EPS file(s) within another ps.map container map. Possibly
even a (mostly) blank one if say you want 4 maps arranged as so:

+-------------------+
|                   |
|  +-----+ +-----+  |
|  |     | |     |  |
|  |     | |     |  |
|  +-----+ +-----+  |
|                   |
|  +-----+ +-----+  |
|  |     | |     |  |
|  |     | |     |  |
|  +-----+ +-----+  |
|   Map captions..  |

?

In the past I have use this to put a sub-set map in a corner showing
map of the country with a region box around the area of detail in the
main map. Worked ok but the resulting Postscript file was huge.

Hamish