[GRASSLIST:9888] How to change category values from a vector?

odoardo.zecca at gmail.com odoardo.zecca at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 01:46:30 EST 2006

Hi all,

I have imported in grass a shape file.  The command: echo "select * from
uv_unione"|db.select gives a table of 23 records, 4 columns.

CAT|UV|COUNT|NUMOLIGONO
1|-|75|1
2|ne+|2|2
3|ne++|1|3
4|pb+|3|4
5|pn++|13|5
6|pr+,pn+|10|6
7|pr+,pn+,ne+|31|7
8|pr+,pn+,ne++|9|8
9|pr+,pn++|4|9
10|pr+,pn++,mo+|8|10
11|pr++,pn++|4|11
12|pr++,pn++,mo+|13|12
13|pr++,pn+++|1|13
14|pr++,pn+++,mo+|3|14
15|pr++,pn+++,mo++|2|15
16|pr+++,pn++|2|16
17|pr+++,pn++,mo+|1|17
18|pr+++,pn+++|4|18
19|pr+++,pn+++,mo+|3|19
20|pr+++,pn+++,mo++|1|20
21|pr+++,pn+++mo+|1|21
22|pr++++,pn++++|3|22
23|pr++++,pn++++,mo++|3|23

The first column, 'cat', is unique (so I have 23 categories). In fact each row
represents a number of separeted polygons (areas), from 1 to 33 for each
category.  I can see this adding the imported grass file in qgis: here if I
open the attribute table I find 133 records in 5 columns (the 'original' 4
columns, after a new first column called 'ID').  I need to reclassify some of
the polygons (assigning them a different category value) and probably I could
do this easily modifyng the dbf table with openoffice (also with v.reclass or
other commands?); but in the grassdb directory I have only the 'summary table'
with 1 record per category (the table shown above) and don't know any command
for modifing (or even list), from grass, the 133 polygons listed in qgis. On
the other hand, the qgis table doesn't seem to be editable, nor I would be able
to save it. What can I do?

Thanks in advance for your help

Odoardo Zecca

--
Odoardo Zecca
via Vallescuropasso, 50		tel.: 328 2883121
27043 Broni (PV)		email: odoardo.zecca at libero.it