[GRASSLIST:9889] Grass Mapserver Installation

siddhesh bhatkar sid_grass at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 18 01:54:56 EST 2006

Hello Everyone,

I want to install the Grass mapserver Demo Version. I
am using GRASS5.3 (I dont want to work at present with
GRASS6.0). I have tried a lot but all in vain. The
Raster Maps cannot be picked up from GRASS location.
I get the following errors

msDrawMap(): Image handling error. Failed to draw
layer named 'geology'.
msDrawRaster(): Image handling error. Unrecognized or
unsupported image format
drawEPP(): Image handling error.
/var/www/GrassData/spearfish/PERMANENT/cellhd/geology
is not an EPPL file.

Can anyone give me a detailed step by step procedure
to install a grass mapserver. Will be very greatful if
anyone would take some time out to mail the procedure.
Am new to this mailing group.

Kindly help me out with this.

Siddhesh,