[GRASSLIST:9891] Re: Procedure that I followed for installing GRASS mapserver

Matthew Perry perrygeo at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 03:26:09 EST 2006

Siddhesh,

  I would suggest using more recent versions of the software. There
have been many changes in gdal and grass in recent years and you'll be
more likely to find support if you use updated software.

 I have had good luck with installing things in this order:

gdal 1.3.1 *without* grass support (http://www.gdal.org/dl/gdal-1.3.1.tar.gz)
grass6
gdal-grass plugin (http://www.gdal.org/dl/gdal-grass-1.3.1.1.tar.gz)
mapserver 4.6.2 (http://cvs.gis.umn.edu/dist/mapserver-4.6.2.tar.gz)