[GRASSLIST:9899] Re: Procedure that I followed for installing GRASS mapserver

Siddhesh Bhatkar sid_grass at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 18 07:28:35 EST 2006

Hello,

These are the Steps Followed by me.

1. Installed gdal *without* GRASS support
   cd gdal-1.3.1
   ./configure
   make
   su
   make install

2. Installed GRASS 6.0 in my home directory.
   cd grass-6.0.0

   ./configure --prefix=/home/bnagesh
--bindir=/home/bnagesh/bin
--with-postgres-includes=/usr/include/pgsql
--without-odbc --without-fftw

3. While Installing gdal-grass-1.3.1 error
encountered.
   steps as follows
   a.  ln -s /usr/local/lib
/home/bnagesh/grass-6.0.0/lib/*.so
   b. ./configure
--with-gdal=/usr/local/bin/gdal-config
--with-grass=/home/bnagesh/grass-6.0.0

configure: error:
--with-grass=/home/bnagesh/grass-6.0.0/ requested, but
libraries not found!

Why does this error occur? whats the name of the
libraries its looking for? and where are these
libraries located?

Thanking you.

Siddhesh