[GRASSLIST:9925] Re: connecting R to DBMS

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Thu Jan 19 11:04:13 EST 2006

Kirk,

On Thu, Jan 19, 2006 at 09:49:37AM -0600, Kirk R. Wythers wrote:
> I just went through the instructions on statsgrass to set up Rdbi and
> RdbiPgSQL. The url for Rdbi and RdbiPgSQL have changed on the
> bioconductor web site. Therefore the commands (within R) to install
> the Rdbi and RdbiPqSQL packages should be changed from:

> #within R, simply do the next two steps:
> install.packages(contriburl="http://www.bioconductor.org/repository/
> devel/package/Source/","Rdbi")
> install.packages(contriburl="http://www.bioconductor.org/repository/
> devel/package/Source/","RdbiPgSQL")
>
> to:

> #within R, simply do the next two steps:
> install.packages(contriburl="http://http://www.bioconductor.org/
> packages/bioc/1.8/src/contrib/","Rdbi")
> install.packages(contriburl="http://http://www.bioconductor.org/
> packages/bioc/1.8/src/contrib/","RdbiPgSQL")

why changing this?
It works (tested now, in R-210) for me.

Right, I am pointing to the development version, but in the last
two years I had to use it instead of an officially released version
to enjoy bugfixes.

> Since I was doing this on a mac I also had to include the
> type="source" argument (thanks for that tip Roger).

Maybe this is the trick?
I have added it to the page:
 http://grass.itc.it/statsgrass/r_and_dbms.html

> Nevertheless, it seems that the statsgrass webpage could be updated.

Not sure. - Roger?

Markus