[GRASSLIST:9983] Re: configure: error: *** Unable to locate GDAL library.

Rochelle MIranda r0chelle_miranda at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 24 23:48:08 EST 2006

Hello Hamish
As u said i added /usr/local/lib to the
/etc/ld.so.conf as root and ran ldonfig.Do i need to
relogin into my system for the changes to come to
effect?
I tried installing grass-6.0.0 but it gives me the
same errors as before.

Also as u suggested i tried installing latest version
of gdal.
when i run the "make" command for installing
gdal-1.3.1
i get following errors errors

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [libgdal.la] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/r0chelle/gdal-1.3.1'
make: *** [check-lib] Error 2
r these packages not debugged already?

Please help me
Rochelle